To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Torrent to large?

CritmasterRowin

I just finished downloading a Torrent and I tried to run the install disc of the game but it said the Torrent was to large. Is there any way to fix this?

the file itself is labled .torrent, but the two individual files, play disc and install disc are labled .dmg. thought I'd throw that out there as well

Okay, I got UltraISO and extracted the Install .DMG file, and now when I click on it, it asks what program I want to open it with, now some people that I have talked to mention a "Virtural Hard Drive" or something by the name of Alcohol1someodd%, would that work if I downloaded that and opened the newly extracted .DMG file with that program?

.dmg is a mac disk image

you should be able to mount the .dmg images with daemon tools

when mounting the image you need to use "Files of Type" -> All Files *.* then select the .dmg file

this way you can at least see whats contained in the image

the game contained in the image may not even work with windows xp so you may need to find another source for that game

That's pretty much what you'd expect of a mounted image for a foreign operating system. From what's said so far, it sounds like you just grabbed the Mac version by mistake, and it's not gonna work on a PC. You'll have to find a PC version of it. Fortunately, most torrents for other OS's and machines are pretty clearly labelled and categorized as such.