To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

is there an external program that will convert my .BC!

auto7890

Its hard to be sure exactly what you are asking here, but if your download is not complete, then its not complete, period.

As for the .bc extension on the end, you can delete that, as its only an option so you know the file is not complete.

Any bit torrent client can then download the remaining pieces.

Suspect

• 1 month later...

Its hard to be sure exactly what you are asking here, but if your download is not complete, then its not complete, period.

As for the .bc extension on the end, you can delete that, as its only an option so you know the file is not complete.

Any bit torrent client can then download the remaining pieces.

Suspect

On the subject of this: I was using uTorrent before, but wanted to use a client with the ability to udp track. I installed BC and imported all of my torrents over. There are many things I didn't like about BC, so I chose to switch back to uTorrent. uTorrent is trying to restart all of my torrents from the beginning thanks to the .bc! extension. I have hundreds of torrents and damned if I'm gonna go back and change each individual one back to the correct extension. Any suggestions?

Just as Utorrent has an option to append .ut to the end of a file, bit comet has same option but with .bc!

I'm not sure if you restart them in bit comet and turn off the option, if that will remove it, or if it will only stop appending to newly started torrents, but you can try that.

I'm also unsure why you would have hundreds of partially downloaded torrents.

If your running alot of torrents at the same time, then you are hurting everyone your connected to, including youself.

by doing so, you are connecting to hundreds or thousands of peers, and giving almost nothing to any one of them. These peers could be connected to someone who was providing a resonable upload if they didn't get stuck with a poor connection (I'm assuming here, so dont be offended).

Back to your question, if my suggestion doesn't work, then you are left with the option to manually edit the files, or finish them in bit comet.

To save time in editing the files, you really only need to edit the substantial files, the tiny .txt, .nfo files you can simply download again, since they are so small (hope that makes the job somewhat easier).

Suspect