To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

something very strange

k, i have been downloadin a coupel of games and programs right, when i got to the place where they are stored i cant find em, the download folder is empty yet i got like 5 finished tasks, whats going on ? i got 256 dsl and a good pc (really good une), i think the problem might lay in that i use windows vista

thanks for your attention and please excuse me for my bad english, i am norwegian and havent finished 10th grade yet ;)

if you havent moved the files, the easy way to find them is by right clicking on the finished file in BitComet, and choose 'browse downloaded directory'

that will lead you to the place where the file is stored

if its still not there, maybe it is hidden and you have to change your folder options to allow hidden files to be shown

if you havent moved the files, the easy way to find them is by right clicking on the finished file in BitComet, and choose 'browse downloaded directory'

that will lead you to the place where the file is stored

if its still not there, maybe it is hidden and you have to change your folder options to allow hidden files to be shown

well i found em or some of em, when i try to click browse download then it says the files dosent exist, also when i found the files i found that they were incomplete altough it says they are 100% in bitcomet

this is a bug in windows vista.

If you select your files to download to a folder your user account has use of, it will work. Such as "my documents" or "desktop"

I'm sure there is a way to change access to your download folder, but not having a vista computer here, I cannot say how to do this.

You can boot to command promt (safe mode) and copy the files with dos commands.

Or check in your folder options to make all users have access to the folder.

Suspect