To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

A little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing

Rocket

GDay all

well, i have figured out enough of the Torrents to get my downloads working well, have successfully downloaded .avi files and converted them to .ISO / .BUPs and burnt them to disc so they may be watched on the TV by all. however. i have just downloaded a v.large .ISO file which works perfectly on my computer. has all the menus etc. but i cannot burn it to a DVD+R to watch on the TV. i am using Nero 7 and sucessfuly completed other projects.

i think the creator of the .ISO file intended it to work easily, be burnt to disc an palyed easily etc.

perhaps i am trying to hard to convert it using the backup DVD option.

any thoughts?

alternately, does anyone know how i contact a peer who has the file already?

Rocket

What error do you get when you try to burn it?

It may well be that you have an image of a DVD-9 disk. If so, that can't be burnt to the normal DVD-5 blank, and requires a drive that supports DVD-9.

Check the size of the .iso file. If it's bigger than 4.7GB, that's the problem.

Hmm, I'm not too clear about that error. There's nothing to "import" and it shouldn't be trying, so you may be using the wrong part of the Nero package.

Partly because I so dislike/distrust Nero, but also and mostly because it's easier, I'm going to suggest you use a free utility called Imgburn, to do your burning. I never let Nero add to my coaster collection burn anything, even if I use it for conversion to files on the HD. But Imgburn is made by someone who's pretty well respected in the community, and is really simple to use compared to Nero. On the other hand, it doesn't try to do everything in one package.