To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

no remote after upgrade to 0.71

You know that this is just a new version of an existing app, but your software firewall does not. Many of them treat program upgrades as whole new programs that they've never heard of, and so mustn't allow through the firewall.

When you upgrade anything that connects to the net, it should become a routine part of your upgrade process to delete your old firewall rule/exception, and make a new one for the upgraded program.

I am aware of that kluelos, but I haven't any firewall installed (I just don't need it. I am maintaining my pc regularly and haven't any problems from the moment I bought my pc (scaning with a dozen of anti-spyware programs) I even have a crappy, well if its not crappy at least not very good anti-virus - Avira Antivir (installed it just to have something), but I'm ok with that and I am still sure that I haven't any virus/spyware on my pc (scanning once a month with online virus scan and everything's fine) don't need firewall to slow-down my pc (I did tried Outpost, ZoneAlarm, Panda in the past but I wasn't satisfied and removed them)) So I am 90% sure that the problem is in 0.71. Btw all night long downloading and still not even 1 remote. (LOL I hate downloading 7.5GB with 1KB/s dn speed :lol: :lol: )