To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Bit Comet Upload Question

Ezza

Right having done some research on my upload speed (256k) i should be uploading at a rate of 28kb (256/8 - 4) However, would this still be the case if i was sharing a connection with my brother? At the moment i have my max upload set at 22kb, should this be increased?

Right having done some research on my upload speed (256k) i should be uploading at a rate of 28kb (256/8 - 4) However, would this still be the case if i was sharing a connection with my brother? At the moment i have my max upload set at 22kb, should this be increased?

Anybody?

Your designated Upload Speed should remain at 80% of your max upload. If you lower the speed, then proportionately you'll also receive lower download capability.

If you do wish to share a connection with your brother (while i.e. your brother plays an Online PC game like CounterStrike), then you can either try a traffic-shaping software, one known as cFos Speed - Site

But either way, it's best if your brother finishes playing his online game, then turn on your torrent downloads/uploads, because ultimately both you and him are sharing a common bandwidth pool.