To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Download % resets every day!

Cowboy

Hi there people,

Can anyone at all exlain why my torrent download % resets to 0% every time i turn my computer off? Every day everything has been reset. It makes downloading films and tv shows impossible.

Help would be greatly appreciated

Ryan

Hi there people,

Can anyone at all exlain why my torrent download % resets to 0% every time i turn my computer off? Every day everything has been reset. It makes downloading films and tv shows impossible.

Ryan

What do you mean by "hash checking", because I am having the same problem? I just lost 50% of a program that is 2.05 GB.

Bob

Hi there people,

Ryan

I got the similar problem like you after using BitComet 0.71, the file I downloaded was up to 50%+ yesterday and after I shutdown my PC and restarted today, I found the file was reset to about 21%+, it seems to be a bug in BitComet 0.71 !

I got the similar problem like you after using BitComet 0.71, the file I downloaded was up to 50%+ yesterday and after I shutdown my PC and restarted today, I found the file was reset to about 21%+, it seems to be a bug in BitComet 0.71 !

A couple of things here. First, never just shut BC down because that leaves data in the cache in memory. 0.71 seems to have fixed this in addition to breaking many other things. Anyway you should stop all the .torrent files before just closeing BC if the download isn't complete.

Now if you're having trouble with 0.71 then you should just go back to 0.70. Just remember to send error reports if you can.

after i installed v0.71 i have to manually hash check every time i restart bitcomet. otherwise my % goes from like 50% to 0.9%. but after manually hash checking it goes back to 50%.

That sounds about right. BC is recovering the data left in the cache (memory) that was still active and not over written.