To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

the big red x

Hello,

Been using bitcomet for around six months and all of a sudden, torrents start off fine and then shut down with a big red X where my nice green down arrow used to be.

This happens on all torrents from all trackers. Strangely, if I reboot and do a manual hash check it'll reconnect and start up again, then fail once more with the X.

Nothing's changed configuration-wise on my end, so what's the deal?

The x means that BitComet can't write to the disk. That can have a variety of causes - the download files have been corrupted; the disk is full; the file size is too large for the OS; the drive hardware is about to fail.

If there's nothing obvious wrong, try doing manual hash checks on the individual files, which may straighten out minor problems.

The x means that BitComet can't write to the disk. That can have a variety of causes - the download files have been corrupted; the disk is full; the file size is too large for the OS; the drive hardware is about to fail.

If there's nothing obvious wrong, try doing manual hash checks on the individual files, which may straighten out minor problems.

gee thanks I had the same problem 2, but I us automatic hash, I thouth the seders couldn't upload and the torrent was dead...

:rolleyes: Thanks, you're right. In my case there wasn't enough space on my HDD. Those red "X" borrowed a lot and often till now...