To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

0.71 has occupied CPU 97% usage (BC staff please read)

ken1971

My CPU 2.4g

768M DDR Ram

USB HD as BT destination

close anti-virus and firewall

When 0.71 starts , the CPU usage is just similar to 0.70, around 10% (1 torrent in progress)

After 30mins, the CPU usage increSE DRASTICALLY to 96~97%, this cause windows freeze afterwards.

This is my latest findings, hope it helps to improve the program.

However, the searching-peer efficiency of 0.71 is very great compared to 0.70.

I think 0.71 is a great BT client if the bugs has been removed.

I have the same problem! It is impossible to play games while BitComet is running. Even Winamp doesn't play correctly due to extreme CPU usage. BitComet 0.71 and above (beta) suffer from these issues.

!!! CPU usage is around 90% !!!

Now THIS is problem. :angry:

----------------------------------

Specs:

A643200+

1GBDDR400

GF6600GT

WinXP SP2

• 2 weeks later...

There is a reason we tell everyone to use BC 0.70. :rolleyes:

Just make sure you send a message to Rny Smile about this.

Hey man I am using BC 0.70. I have the same problem, Ive had BC up to a full gig after 2 hours. That to me is a memory leak, you can watch it go up.

AMD Athlon X2 3800+

2048MB DDR

RADEON X1600

Hey man I am using BC 0.70. I have the same problem, Ive had BC up to a full gig after 2 hours. That to me is a memory leak, you can watch it go up.

AMD Athlon X2 3800+

2048MB DDR

RADEON X1600

BC has an auto cache. So yeah it can go up pretty high, but a large part of that are your settings in both BC and Windows. And Rny Smile is also working on keeping the memory usage low as well.

• 3 weeks later...

I have had similar problems since installing V0.70.

Reverting to older versions didn't help.

Finally I uninstalled and then deleted the entire Bitcomet program folder.

Things are now back to normal.

Well, I was wrong. This problem persists.

I am now back to ver .56 I have run innumerable spyware tests, virus tests, defraged, scandisked, etc etc etc. But .7 seems to have done something weird to my system. Is it affected by malware? It would seem so, or by some major bug.

I am now seriously considering switching to another torrent client.

I have Googled this problem, and it seems I am not alone. This problem seems to be affecting a LOT of users!

I really like Bitcomet, and I don't really want to change.

Is there a fix for this? What the heck is going on?

Thanks in advance.

Well, I was wrong. This problem persists.

I am now back to ver .56 I have run innumerable spyware tests, virus tests, defraged, scandisked, etc etc etc. But .7 seems to have done something weird to my system. Is it affected by malware? It would seem so, or by some major bug.

I am now seriously considering switching to another torrent client.

I have Googled this problem, and it seems I am not alone. This problem seems to be affecting a LOT of users!

I really like Bitcomet, and I don't really want to change.

Is there a fix for this? What the heck is going on?

Thanks in advance.

Just to elaborate, the client freezes the whole system after a period of between 5 and 30 minutes.

I have all settings set very conservatively;

1 torrent, max 10 connections, max 10 half connections, really low d/l speed, really low upload speed.

When Bitcomet is not in use there is no problem (Emule running about 50 downloads at 300+KB/S, P/shop processing big files, email client, browser, media players running, etc) No problem. Not long after I launch Bitcomet everything locks-up!

Someone has to know something about this... surely!

Thanks in advance,

Mike

I was using a 0.6something version and it was working well (came bundled with Videora). Upgraded to 0.7 and got similar behavior.

Whether or not I start a download, after just a few minutes BC becomes unresponsive. The only way to get rid of it is to shoot it down through the task manager. When I do, my entire system becomes unstable and must be rebooted.

Running XP SP2 with Windows Firewall.

• 3 weeks later...