To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

I like what's going on here but...

SouperSauce

First let me state that I'm an Azureus user. It is by far the most functional bittorrent Downloading client available. Bitcomet was recently brought to my attention by a friend who was curious of its 'goodability'.

I downloaded it and I was impressed by its featureset but after toying with it a bit I was frustrated by a few minor annoyances I found in its workings...

First of all I must say the browser should be kept. It's what makes this client its own entity. I like that I am able to search what I am looking for and download it in the same window.

However it could use some revisions...

Like... Including the functionality that modern web browsers have. In that I should be able to go forward and backward in pages by clicking the mouse 4 and 5 buttons, which are appearing more and more on new mice these days. Also when you type an address in the address bar, instead of opening a new tab automatically there should be a new tab button and as it works in Firefox a middle click on a link should open that link in a new tab.

The list of torrent sites built in is pretty good but there should be a way to add my own sites to this list. (If there is a way that I'm not seeing then it should be more apparent if that is the case.)

And about your advertised featureset...

The intelligent connection optimization... this does not make itself apparent, by what was stated I was lead to believe that there would be a wizard that would automatically determine my max up/download speeds and make the necessary adjustments to any connection related options.

And the disk cache controls, I think, it would best if I had more options regarding how the read/writes were handled... If I could choose how much memory I was using vs. How much potential damage I'm causing to my hard drive.

This is what I have to say for now. If anything else comes to mind I'll bring it up.

Thanks in advance for hearing my 8 pennies.

That's it.

First of all I must say the browser should be kept. It's what makes this client its own entity. I like that I am able to search what I am looking for and download it in the same window

I will never understand why people like this feature so much. What's wrong with using your own browser? Speaking of browsers, anybody tried the torrent downloading features in the latest version of Opera?

I like you're ideas about kepping the browser and the favorites features, like why click in anothe in another window in the taskbar when you could do the same things here?I don't quite get,and has public favorites, and you could also use the search feature, for torrent files...

I believe repairing some minor problems would do just the thing, better than azuerious, I knwe all the time bittcomet was one of the best...

And the disk cache controls, I think, it would best if I had more options regarding how the read/writes were handled... If I could choose how much memory I was using vs. How much potential damage I'm causing to my hard drive.

Listen, bittorrent does not damager your hard drive. It does not put anymore wear & tear on you HD than any other program. If you're worried about that then use a larger cache size, which means less read/writes to the HD.

Listen, bittorrent does not damager your hard drive. It does not put anymore wear & tear on you HD than any other program. If you're worried about that then use a larger cache size, which means less read/writes to the HD.

I'm not saying it does... What I am saying is that the featureset claims that normal bitorrent activity does damage your hard drive and that Bitcomet's cache controls prevent that by using more ram. Basically I'd like to be able to adjust the balance between those two ends of the scale.

Edit: After re-examining this feature I see that it basically does what I'm asking here just not as intuitively as expected. Perhaps a bit more explanation of how this works on the options page or in the FAQ would be in order.