To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Could anyone explain this to me?

kwokwai

I am using BC v0.56 in my WinXP SP2.

I don't know if I can tell what I am downloading here, but just to avoid the topic from banned, I choose to hide its file name.

I am downloading an anime movie, but the overall download rate always keeps at 1KB to 2KB.

But I found that the download rate would exceed 10KB whenever I was browsing web page, such as this forum, Yahoo News...

Can anyone explain why this's happened?

You should really update Bitcomet to v0.70(dont get v0.71)

As for your situation I dont really know why, maybe your ISP throttles BT and when your browsing it makes it difficult for their hardware to make the distinction between your web traffic and the p2p traffic. But I really have no idea.

By the way have you portforwarded Bitcomet's port through any router you may have? It will really increase the download speed.

I am downloading files using BC v.056, and some of them were 20% finished.

I really want to update my BC to version 0.7, but I am just afraid parts of my downloaded files would be deleted or missed after I change to use BC 0.7.

As for your question: "By the way have you portforwarded Bitcomet's port through any router you may have? ", this has been the question that I would love to ask for your help.

Could you tell how to portforward my Bitcomet's port?

I don't have a router, nor wireless device, but been using traditional connection via a phone line and a Modem.

Please tell how to increase the download speed, say from 2KB to 10KB?

Edited by Dark_Shroud (see edit history)

Previously, I downloaded a 300MB within an hour, the maximum download speed reached 200KB.

Now that I am downloading another file, and I see there are 400 peers connected to my BC, so the download speed shouldn't be below 2KB but should be above 2KB.

What should I do to increase the download speed?

It seems that if I keep browsing threads in this forum, the download speed would automatically go up to 30KB, but it would fall down to 0KB if I close the browser!

It's weird!

Edited by Dark_Shroud (see edit history)

Use BitComet 0.70 and go through our settings guide to properly configure the client. And since you're on dial-up you should only be running one .torrent at a time.

My file download progress reached 20% in BC v0.56,

how can I resume it in BC v0.7?

BTW,

my ISP told me I am using ADSL, not 56K.

Now can I run more than 1 torrent?

As long as you have the .torrent file saved you can install BC 0.70 right over 0.56 open the .torrent file back up and point it to the same download location. The file will hash check and start back where it was. Just make sure you actually hit the stop button on the .torrent and wait a minute before closeing BC to upgrade to flush data from the cache to the hard disk.

Now I would suggest you run a speed test while everything is turned off to get an idea of how fast your connection should be. We have all this information in our settings guide. What ISP are you using?

As long as you have the .torrent file saved you can install BC 0.70 right over 0.56 open the .torrent file back up and point it to the same download location. The file will hash check and start back where it was. Just make sure you actually hit the stop button on the .torrent and wait a minute before closeing BC to upgrade to flush data from the cache to the hard disk.

Now I would suggest you run a speed test while everything is turned off to get an idea of how fast your connection should be. We have all this information in our settings guide. What ISP are you using?

I am using "NETVIGATOR BROADBAND".