To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Download will not start, help please

Hello I am very new to torrents, i have installed and unstalled bit comet more times than i can remember but keep getting that dreaded message "application not found" it appears after selecting any down load, i get the box with the option to open or save then it all turns pear shaped. The message appears after c:/docs and settings/ user etc etc. I am no expert but can generally find my way around most probs, this has me stumped. help please

So...this occurs whenever you open your BitComet, then start downloading/uploading a torrent?

Yes all goes well just up to that point, the only thing that i can think off is that is has something to do with the temp internet folders as it seems to be looking for something in there, i have installed as a default install.

I have turned off all virus protection to check but still to no avail. thanks for your time

Did you make your user account in windows XP private ???

Sounds like something is blocking access to the temp files location.

Are you using IE, if so maybe download Firefox and try opening torrents through that.

Otherwise I guess you should instead of opening the torrents directly,

first save it to the harddrive then in Bitcomet select File -> Open torrent.

Did you make your user account in windows XP private ???

Sounds like something is blocking access to the temp files location.

Are you using IE, if so maybe download Firefox and try opening torrents through that.

Otherwise I guess you should instead of opening the torrents directly,

first save it to the harddrive then in Bitcomet select File -> Open torrent.

No its not private, and i am using XP pro and IE, although I have tried Firefox to see if it was some restriction that IE was placing, but the same result. If I could download it somewhere I would I have the default save location but it keeps trying for the temp file