To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Not able to download

cekcool

I am a newbie to BitComet. Eversince i had installed either BitTorrent or BitComet client, i never able to download any files.

THE SUMMARY:

==========

Apart from Piece Sz(256 KB), Total File Sz(377.28 MB [97.7%]), Selected File Sz(8.50 MB), and Remaining (8.50 MB), All other number stastistic showing ZERO.

THE LOG:

======

Default tracker optimization rules file loaded.

IP rules file: ipfilter.dat loaded, 0 entries.

Start Listening at TCP Port:50000

Start Listening at UDP Port:50000

BitComet 0.70 is running on:

CPU : AMD Duron Processor 601 MHz

RAM size : 127.48 MB

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional Service Pack 4 (Build 2195)

Windows XP ICF Status: Not Supported.

Windows XP WF Status: Not Supported.

Update Local IP: 10.59.1.21

Windows XP ICS Status: Not Supported.

Windows XP UPnP Status: Not Supported!

THE STASTISTIC:

============

Overall Infos: Torrents: 1 | Peers: 0 | Sockets: 0 (HTTP: 28)

TCP Connections: Established: 0 | Half-Open: 0 | Waiting: 0

LAN IP: 10.59.1.21 / WAN IP: 0.0.0.0

Overall Download Rate: 0 KB/s Connection Limits: 30 - 60 per task

Overall Upload Rate: 0 KB/s Upload slots: 3 - 5

Disk Cache Size: 0 B (Min: 6 MB, Max: 50 MB)

Free Phys Mem: 12.82 MB (Min: 20 MB)

Disk Read Statistics: Request: 0 (freq: 0.0/s), Actual Disk Read: 0 (freq: 0.0/s), Hit Ratio: 0.0%

Disk Write Statistics: Request: 0 (freq: 0.0/s), Actual Disk Write: 0 (freq: 0.0/s), Hit Ratio: 0.0%

Total Downloaded: 40.27 KB

Total Uploaded: 163.53 KB

I am running Win2k, connecting to LAN with 128 RAM.

I am able to browse / download normal files from internet without any problem. It just does not work with BT files. My PC do not have any firewall installed, but not sure about my LAN service provider.

I never see anything uder Peers nor Chat window.

Any help for troubleshoot this problem?

The fact that you have zero peers is why your torrent is not completing.

Since you were able to download 97% and are no seeders makes me suspect it may be a "bad torrent"

http://www.azureuswiki.com/index.php/Bad_torrents

One thing to look at when starting a torrent is if many peers are stuck at this level, except the seeders that are listed (which are falsely reported by bad tracker)

If you learn how to find good torrents (healthy) you will rarely (or never) run into this problem.

Suspect

Thanks for responding to my issue.

Actually, Im not able to complete event any download. THe download sz shown as 97% is the result of which i only select one of the torrent content (which is abt 8Mb or 3% of the total torrent sz). I just wanted to test with a small size to see if it works.

The results turned up to be where im not able to download any files, equally to 0% download. I doubt at the bottom of the BitComet window, it should shows a green ball. But mine one showing grey color which i guess is means for not connected.

Btw, i'd performed a port scan from http://www.dslreports.com/scan and it does not shows the port 50000 which it should be listening for BitComet. Is this normal?

Result from the website:

TCP default CLOSED We received a response packet that no service is available.

TCP 21 OPEN The port is open.

TCP 22 OPEN The port is open.

TCP 23 OPEN The port is open.

TCP 80 OPEN The port is open.

TCP 2000 OPEN The port is open.

TCP 3986 OPEN The port is open.

UDP ALL CLOSED We received a response packet that no service is available.

At the same time, i used a local port scanning tools to scan my local pc. From this tool, i could see that it have 2 entries for port 50000 listening by BitComet. Apart from this, it have a list of arround 10 port which showing local port connecting to remote ip 85.17.42.204 using BitComet.

Is this saying that my LAN server/router blocking my PC from using bitcomet?

router - this is the part which i do not know.

Im recently subscribing to a broadband service provider. My pc was connected to their gateway using normal LAN connection. I hv no idea on what is happening on the server side / the LAN backend. No information abt Firewall nor router.

From other sites, i saw someone asking abt port forwarding on router. But as for their cause, they are experiencing slow performance on torrent file download. As for my case, i guess i was totally not able to download a single bit...

Others may see local peers in the Peers tab, but i have nothing inside there. It was empty.

If your broadband modem plugs directly into your network port (and your modem has only one such port), then you do not have a router, and no need to setup port forwarding.

As for your problem, your first post was somewhat confusing, but I now understand (I think).

I suggest you try downloading a known good torrent to test your client.

here is a link to a torrent I made if you would like to try it and report.

http://newvoyages.mine.nu:1701/torrent.htm...1860b038cc045b5

If this torrent will not download, then you surely have a problem, so let me know.

Suspect

Im using a network card connecting to a gateway which enable me to connect to internat.

No proxy setting.

No modem on my PC, just purely a Network card

Everytime i m connecting to web, the browser will prompt me a username/pwd to obtain the web access permission.

As such, i see my PC as one of the member connecting to a local LAN (the gateway).

so you are connected to a LAN, but don't have access to the router (I assume).

I think you are going to need your network administrator to provide you a listening port for your bit torrent to work correctly.

You may also have bit torrent traffic blocked in your lan, which is common for many schools and bussinesses to do.

In this case, there may not be much we can do to help you.

Suspect