To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Limited download

tato_xulo

Hello, I'm new in this forum and I'm not English. My problem is the downloading. When it comes 25 kb/s it begins to go down and it is limited in 25 kb/s. I have a Pentium III, a connection wi-fi of 1 mb. What should I do for increase the downloading? Thanks for your help.

I suggest you take a look at our settings guide.

Your 1mb/s download provided by your ISP is capable to downloading upto 128kB/s, however you likely have much less upload speed.

Bit torrent protocall gives the most download to peers that upload the most, so if your upload can only provide 20kB/s, you will only approach your max download speed if the torrent is EXTREMELY well seeded.

One of the things our settings guide will do is fine tune your client to work with your connection speed.

The basic idea is to provide as much upload as possible, but if you upload too much for your connection, your client will be slow to respond and your download speeds will be very low.

If I was to guess at what you should expect, I would say that most torrents will run at 20-30kB/s and sometimes you will see 100kB/s with your connection.

This is assuming you find the proper settings and properly setup any routers you may be using.

Suspect