To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Burn Problems! Please HELP !!!

toadstamper

:( I am having trouble burning films, I am using Nero7 and have also tried nero 6. I use either datawrite or ridisc discs dvd-r.I have tried burning at all different speeds which makes no difference.

Once burned, the film starts off fine, it gratually gets worse after about 30 mins or so by pixelating until the film just stops playing.

Could someone point me in the direction of a better program to burn the films or tell me what im doing wrong.

Please help, this is doing my head in!

Hi,

I'm not really sure what type of files your burning, and if you are just burning, or converting them, so I can only really offer you generic advice regarding this.

First, Some Nero Seven versions had serious problems, I suggest you get the latest version 7.2.7.0

Also, if your having burn problems, I strongly suggest you shut down ALL program running during the burn, and don't use the computer.

I also recommend you either disconect your network cable, or power off your modem during the burn. This will stop incoming connections from disturbing your burn.

If you want more specific advice, then please attach your nero burn log to your reply, as well as the file types your burning, and what nero program you are using.

Nero is one of the better burning programs. I also like Alcohol 120%.

Suspect

Hi again, sorry for the late post, ive been away.

I have just checked and I am using Nero 6.3.0.0, I installed a nero 7 demo a while ago which must have been corrupt and will not let me install a newer version than the one I have. It installs then it says "The version of nero that you are trying to install is an older version than the one you have installed, Please uninstall and try again".

I have gone to Add/Remove Programs and there are two nero's in the list.

Nero 7 Ultra edition, which when I try to remove it says " The feature that you are trying to remove is on a network resorce that is unavaliable". Size is showing 277Mb

Nero OME which I think is the 6.3.0.0. version

I have the version that you recommended but can't install it.

Please let me know how to get nero off my system totally so that I can start from scratch with nero 7.2.7.0

I understand that nero is nothing to do with you but it is stopping me getting the benefit from Bitcomet.

The files im trying to burn are avi files.

Thanks again

Edited by Dark_Shroud (see edit history)

I'm sending you a PM with some additional Info on nero.

Also, a new version of nero was released last monday 7.5.1.1.

I suggest you get this.

Also, if your dvd player plays .avi files (most do not), then you can burn them as a data disc, and if they don't play well, you may have to install new firmware on your dvd player.

If you are converting the .avi files to dvd, nerovision will do that (I posted guide in this forum)

Suspect

I'm sending you a PM with some additional Info on nero.

Also, a new version of nero was released last monday 7.5.1.1.

I suggest you get this.

Also, if your dvd player plays .avi files (most do not), then you can burn them as a data disc, and if they don't play well, you may have to install new firmware on your dvd player.

If you are converting the .avi files to dvd, nerovision will do that (I posted guide in this forum)

Suspect

Hi Again

I have done everything that you suggested (newest version of nero, close everything down, turn internet off) but still have the same problem, at about 30 mins into the movie it breaks up and crashes. I have attached the nero logs as you asked.

Thanks, Tony

Nero_Log.txt

Im also havin burn problems..how do i convert files that i downloaded thru bitcomet to a disc ???

What type of files have you downloaded? If they are .avi (movies) you need to use Nero Vision Express to burn them to a DVD-R, if they are movies and have come down as 2 files (.bin & .cue) you need to use Alcohol 120% to burn them to a CD-R. The more details that you can give me, the more help I can give you.