To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Associate bugs? (0.7x)

tomonori-k

Hi.

I am using the other BT clients besides BitComet.

I want to do the default client to not BitComet but other BT client.

(I want to use BitComet secondarily BitTorrent client.)

But, when BitComet is started, .torrent files is associated with BitComet.

# Of cource, I don't check "Default Bittorrent Client" options.

BitComet 7.2 crashes when I open a large torrent file. Running Windows XP Media Center.

Does anyone know where I can get BitComet 7.0??

IronicRhetoric,

you can download all bit comet versions from bitcomet.com

http://www.bitcomet.com/doc/download.htm

Please ask questions in a "new topic" rather then replying in another members topic.

Tomonori,

I'm not aware of any bugs in version .70 concerning this.

I do recomend you NOT use versions .71 or .72, as they are not considered "Stable".

I am using version .70 on this computer, and just changed my defaut client to another client, and bit comet did not change it back as you report.

I'm not sure why your client is reverting back to bit comet as default.

I suggest you try to manually change the "opens with" option in windows, and select what ever program you want to be default, see if it works that way.

I also do not have a windows 2000 system handy to test this on, but pehaps another member or staff can be of more help.

Regards,

Suspect

First of all I did not say there were any problems with BT .70, which is why I'm looking for that version. I stated that problem is with BT .72 and not the error you mentioned about it reverting back to a new default. I don't know where you got all that from the few words I wrote. There is an error at the BT site when you try to download BT .70 and I can't seem to find it anywhere else.

It reports.

(I used 0.70.)

1. I erased the associate of .torrent by Explorer.

2. I deleted registory key "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\bittorrent" and "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\bittorrent"

3. I executed BitComet.

# .torrent is associated to BitComet in this operation, but this is behavior for which I do not hope.

4. I associate to other Client(ex. abc)(Properties -> On the General tab, clicked Change).

# Under such a condition, the client set to double-click it starts.

# However, "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\bittorrent\shell\open\command" value was BitComet's path.

# "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\bittorrent\shell\open\command" was also the same.

# But, a new value was made for "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.torrent\Application".

# This value was new client's path.

5. I restarted BitComet.

# "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\~~\.torrent\Application" value had disappeared and .torrent file associated BitComet.

If I had changed 4 as follows, associate has not changed when BitComet is started.

4. I chenged "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\bittorrent\shell\open\command" value to new client path.

The problem was tentatively solved by this. Thank you.

But, If I don't check a "Default bittorrent client" options, I want to never associate it with BitComet.

Thank you for your correspondence.

First of all I did not say there were any problems with BT .70, which is why I'm looking for that version. I stated that problem is with BT .72 and not the error you mentioned about it reverting back to a new default. I don't know where you got all that from the few words I wrote. There is an error at the BT site when you try to download BT .70 and I can't seem to find it anywhere else.

To IronicRhetoric:

"The UnUsual Suspect" told you where to get BitComet 0.70 .

You can also download installable from here

or green package from here.

The rest he replied is answering to "Tomonori" (tomonori-k), the member who started this topic.

Read again, you'll notice that.

That's it.