To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

peer status?

odlumb

I'm using BC 0.72 on XP.

In the peer window, under the "status" column, I see things like "_ci_" and "_ciC" and "_c_C". There are probably more I haven't seen yet.

Really folks, this is almost as good as the old windows message "An error occured". :angry: What do these codes mean, and why aren't they icons, or at least complete English words?

Also, if I am seeding a torrent, how come the "seed/peer [all]" column in the task windows shows 0 for the numbers of seeders? Is it only counting "other" seeders than myself? Shouldn't it show at least 1 if I am seeding?

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

I too would like to know what the peer status column headings mean! I cannot find this info in any of the FAQ's or online help info. ( you'd think it'd be defined somewhere :rolleyes: )

For example, after the IP number is a column that says "%". Percent of what?

and the last column that has codes like _D_00 ?

Also, can someone explain what it means when a peer sits there with a 100% rating, but does 0 Kb trnasfers up OR down? Then why are they there?

Also, can someone explain what it means when a peer sits there with a 100% rating, but does 0 Kb trnasfers up OR down? Then why are they there?

This "100%" means they are a seeder.

The fact that your not downloading from them (at this moment), doesn't mean they aren't sending data to other peers, that are then sending to you.

Suspect

ps. because this topic was started regarding a "less then stable version", I am going to close the topic. We need to keep all discussion to these versions together.

If you want to post inquiries regarding stable versions, please do so in a new topic

*topic closed*