To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Speed Problems !!

Ray5140

I have done my portforwarding and i check that local and remote peers can connect to me..

But my speed is always below 20kb.. i have done all the settings reading the guides.

But there is still no improvement for the speed.. and i see that the local peers can reach at least

50 kb for the speed.. but i can't even hit 20.. so can i know what is the problem ? And i am using norton

antivirus and the windows firewall.. I am on a cable modem.. Hope that someone can guide me.. Thanks..

Since this is a question about the BitComet client, it belongs in the BitComet Client Help forum, not the "NON-BitComet Related Questions" forums. Please make an effort to post iquestions n the correct forum.

If you can see remote connections being initiated, then the next common issue is your upload bandwidth. Everything you download needs to be acknowledged, and your client needs to send negotiations to other peers. All of this consumes upstream bandwidth. This is in addition to the torrent transfer activity itself.

Almost all SOHO broadband connections have a much slower upload speed than their download speeds. If your network activity exceeds your upload bandwidth, packets start getting lost and things start slowing way down. You must test your upload bandwidth with no other applications using any of it, then set BC's global maximum upload speed to about 80% of that value, to allow enough room for other traffic and to make sure BC isn't stumbling over itself. Setting your maximum upload speed properly usually results in a huge increase in average download speed.

Well im not sure if im allowed to reply to this message or not considering its int the wrong place...but maybe you want to try to change your TCP/IP settings to about 80 since your on cable (not sure how fast ur connection is since you didnt say) by using the TCP/IP Crack located at http://www.lvllord.de . Then change your max half open TCP connections to about 65-70, you dont want it the same as your max. THEN change your max connections per task to a higher number (I have mine set to 1500 but i only download from 1 torrent at a time) if your downloading from multipe torrents then you may want to change it to somewhere around 150-200 but if your doing more then 5 change it to 100, and i dont care what people say this works. I have sbc yahoo dsl @ 1.5mbps connection and i usually download @ around 75-300k depending on how well the torrent is seeded, before i was only getting about 40k on the torrent that i am downloading now and i used all the guides...and they did nothing so i decided to see what that did and now i am downloading @ 185k and uploading at 30k but its because im connected to 55 seeds and 355 peers, and when you have it at the defult settings of 50 you dont connect to as many people. BUT if your using wireless it may be different, because i was using wireless and the speeds did not change much maybe up to 50k from the 30k i was getting before so use the ethernet its more reliable in my opinion.

THIS IS JUST MY OPINION, I DID NOT WRITE THIS TO FLAME ANYONE OR TO DISCREDIT ANYONE, IF THIS DID NOT WORK FOR YOU THEN DONT GET UPSET AT ME AS THERE MIGHT BE OTHER FACTORS. I HOPE THIS HELPS YOU AND OTHER PEOPLE THAT READ THIS FORUM ^_^

BTW excuse my writing...i just woke up and i am way too lazy to correct my english.

I DID NOT WRITE THIS TO FLAME ANYONE OR TO DISCREDIT ANYONE, IF THIS DID NOT WORK FOR YOU THEN DONT GET UPSET AT ME AS THERE MIGHT BE OTHER FACTORS. I HOPE THIS HELPS YOU AND OTHER PEOPLE THAT READ THIS FORUM ^_^

Don't type in all caps. That's the same as yelling on the internet.

Now everything else you said was wrong. Messing with the tcpip.sys will not help speed. Read here for info on the tcpip.sys.