To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Unknown Publisher

layzie

Is it normal when you download the installation file for bitcomet for it to say 'unknown publisher'? The main site doesnt seem to be working so I went to softpedia.com and tried to get it from there.

If I'm being a little paranoid its because I just got a new PC and am taking care of what I download

Softpedia isn't an official BitComet mirror. Since they also offer the entirely bogus "BitComet Accelerator", I would not trust them too far.

The main BitComet mirrors are at download.com, which is part of CNet. If you cannot download it from them, then you have a serious system problem which you need to investigate and solve. Download.com is the major source for Windows shareware/freeware, and it works for everyone. If it doesn't work for you, you need to find out what's wrong.

As for this "unknown publisher", I don't qute understand. The publisher is BitComet, and Softpedia says so. Where are you seeing this?

Download the latest stable release from Download.com, you can find the link on the BitComet home page.

Yeah thats right I have downloaded plenty of times off Download.com with no problems. It's definitley only doing it with Bitcomet. This is the only site I would usually download from but since it didn't work I tried softpedia but didn't go ahead with it because of the unknown publisher thing. It says it when I double click on the install file.