To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

cant get any bitcomet version at all!!!

chainsore

ok i posted that version 0.72 wont initialize...very very poor effort by bitcomet to release software that doesnt work, so i loked on bitcomet.com/doc/downloads-archive.htm to find an older version that works, version 0.70 i used before is 2.58mb but i got only 2.07mb in 3hrs8mins!..i was told nsis error installers incomplete or corrupt! so i tried to get it again..again i wasnt sent the whole installer, so i tried version 0.71 which is 2.95mb..i got sent 1.56mb in 3hrs35mins...again an incomplete/corrupt file...what the f*** is going on? have hackers taken over bitcomet.com????? where can i get version 0.70??? i need a copy that works from a safe reliable site..bitcomet.com seems seriosly messed up, download.com only has the latest version that doesnt work!!!..so where can i get an older version from??? whoever replied to my first post said get version 0.70..fine, but give some details..from where?? what website??? does version 0.71 work??? why didnt bitcomet properly test version 0.72???? this is a serious mess that requires proper replies and detail..if any one can help please reply..and explain as much as you can, dont type 4 words and expect that to help..many others need this info to..bitcomets software writers should be replying here explaining all the hassle im having. WE NEED HELP ASAP PLEASE

I am aware of the problem/s, but and not directly involved with development, nor running the download site, but will try to help.

I will upload version .70 to a public site for you to download.

I will post link here shortly.

Suspect

EDIT:

Bit Comet version .70

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NE6P0ZPF

Extract with WinRar (or any "zip" program) and install.

I am aware of the problem/s, but and not directly involved with development, nor running the download site, but will try to help.

I will upload version .70 to a public site for you to download.

I will post link here shortly.

Suspect

EDIT:

Bit Comet version .70

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NE6P0ZPF

Extract with WinRar (or any "zip" program) and install.

i dont use winrar i dont like it so any file u post must be a normal file or recomend some free program to unzip it please, also megaupload..do i have to pay to use this? the link u provided sent me to a page where i couldnt click on the bitcomet name..whats going on..as i said please explain all stuff like this..im sure theres 10s of thousands if not hundreds of thousands of people now stuck unable to use bitcomet due to them releasing improperly tested software far too quickly...we still need version 0.70 somehow

chainsore,

I'm guessing you're slightly retarded, so just to explain:

If you don't wanna use winrar that's nobody's problem but yours.

In megaupload.com, on the top right corner you should see a validation field with some letters you need to enter into it, and a "downlaod" button.. enter the letters, press the button. Not too complicated is it?

Edit: by moderator

although I know you are trying to help, I will not allow being rude to members, so this stops here 

Please do not be rude to members here. I will not tolorate that...

As for using WinRar, It is necessary as many people cannot download .exe files from file host sites (many anti viruses will block it)

WinRar is The BEST program to extract such files, but you can use Winzip, Winace, or many others.

If you install winrar, you can then just "right click" and select "extract here" and your done, takes two clicks of a mouse to extract.

One thing with megaupload is there is a small popup window that you need to close which confuses people.

If you want to see a tutorial on using file host sites, there are several here (including megaupload)

http://warforce.info/viewtopic.php?t=3411

Suspect

Please do not be rude to members here. I will not tolorate that...

As for using WinRar, It is necessary as many people cannot download .exe files from file host sites (many anti viruses will block it)

WinRar is The BEST program to extract such files, but you can use Winzip, Winace, or many others.

If you install winrar, you can then just "right click" and select "extract here" and your done, takes two clicks of a mouse to extract.

One thing with megaupload is there is a small popup window that you need to close which confuses people.

If you want to see a tutorial on using file host sites, there are several here (including megaupload)

http://warforce.info/viewtopic.php?t=3411

Suspect

Thank you thank you thank you! theunusualsuspect youve done a great job in helping me cheers buddy, i got the bitcomet 0.70 file from megaupload ( a pop up window on this site blocked me viewing the validation field!..this was the first time id ever had to validate getting software also so guanzaboy go take your medication for anger) i extracted the .rar file with winace ( i got from download.com) and have bitcomet running again hurray :), just so u know ive trial winrar before and dont think its worth paying for..very few files i download are in rar format so to play a tiny number of files isnt worth buying winrar, 99.9% of the software i use is free..like bitcomet..simply add adverts to your programme to make some money, bitcomets better than bearshare, kazaa, limewire, morpheus and others ive tried..but please whoever writes the code..test it next time version 0.72 should never have been released in that state! so again theunusualsuspect huge respect to you for helping me youve been great cheers mate

Your welcome *blushing*

As for WinRar, although it will give you a "nag" screen after the trial is over, it will still work.

Also, if you "right click" and extract that way, you won't even have to open the interface and won't see the nag screen.

There are also full version on torrents.

I have a legit "paid" version on one of my computers (yes, believe it or not, I do pay for some software if its good, and I use it alot)

Winace should do fine for most usages, but I've found that winrar is far more relyable.

I'm glad you got it to work

Suspect