To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

completed files still downloading

merrie

I am new at this. I have downloaded five torrents which have been completed at 100%. I am trying to re-seed. They all have the red arrow, but the details show they are still downloading. In some cases, the download is more than the upload.

Is this normal? How can more be downloaded when the files are complete?

Also, how can my ratio of download and upload ever show that I am trying to give back, if more and more keeps dowloading?

Any help to stop downloading (when trying to upload only) would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Please include what version of bit comet you are using with all posts

Sorry about that. It is version 0.70. I am using Win XP Pro, if that helps.

I did find at least part of the problem. I had set some preferences to limit the amount of upload, while trying to download. That is because I have a somewhat slow connection. It is DSL, but the slowest of those.

I have now changed the preferences to allow a lot more upload, and it is now uploading at the limit I set. However, it is still also downloading, even though all the torrents are at 100%.

a certain amount of download must be done which is comunication with the tracker and peers.

If your broadband is somewhat slow, then you may notice some download traffic, which is normal. It is basically requests for data from peers.

When you want to download, I would reduce your upload to 80% of its maximum, or your download speeds may suffer somewhat. However reducing upload will also lower your download, so finding the proper settings for your connection takes some adjustment.

Suspect

a certain amount of download must be done which is comunication with the tracker and peers.

If your broadband is somewhat slow, then you may notice some download traffic, which is normal. It is basically requests for data from peers.

When you want to download, I would reduce your upload to 80% of its maximum, or your download speeds may suffer somewhat. However reducing upload will also lower your download, so finding the proper settings for your connection takes some adjustment.

Suspect

Thanks. :-) That explains it. I will take your advice.