To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Fake ID for banned sites

oswald

Hello there..

Is there any chance of implementing an ID changer into Bitcomet so it reports to trackers that it is a different client because most sites have Bitcomet banned as a client, Saying Its unstable and reports false info to trackers and does not work.

But I find Bitcomet is fine for me and I like it ok but just cannot download of some sites now.

Thanks for any info :)

Most of what you read is not true.

Since bit comet was among the first clients to include dht technology, there were no set rules in its usage. As it turned out, two of our versions would (under some conditions) allow users to download from private trackers without registering.

These issues are no longer present in bit comet, and havn't been for a long time.

To do what you suggest would only make Bit Comet into what it is accused of being.

Suspect

Most of what you read is not true.

Since bit comet was among the first clients to include dht technology, there were no set rules in its usage. As it turned out, two of our versions would (under some conditions) allow users to download from private trackers without registering.

These issues are no longer present in bit comet, and havn't been for a long time.

To do what you suggest would only make Bit Comet into what it is accused of being.

Suspect

Ok rite thanks for the info, So they banned Bitcomet based on the old version problems and the new versions are fine but some sites fail to realise this, Or perhaps slow to adjust :)