To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

The mystery of the nonexistent download

jazz1479

I downloaded BitComet when I was on holiday and easily downloaded files without any problems. I'm now back home and tried downloading files but for some reason no peers or seeds appear to be online and no matter how long I keep BitComet running nothing is downloaded. I tried to download from several sources but to no avail (just in case it was the website itself causing the problem). I contacted my ISP and they said they don't block any programs or ports and I should have no problems with my wireless broadband connection. Does anyone know what the problem could be and what I should do to correct it? I would appreciate it if someone would be kind enough to advise me. Thanks so much. :)

Please don't make duplicate posts, it just makes more work for our staff to delete them.

I suggest you try a known good torrent, to determine if the problem is in fact no seeds (dead torrent) or a problem with your connection.

Also, you mentioned a wireless router, did you forward your listening port?

If not, then go to portforward.com, they have guides for most routers.

I would also setup a static IP address in windows.

They have a guide for that as well.

Suspect

ps. if you want a good torrent to test your client, here is one for a dvd I made for star trek new voyages...

http://newvoyages.mine.nu:1701/torrent.htm...1860b038cc045b5

It is seeded by high speed servers, so should run pretty fast.

Thanks so much for your advice. I'll give it a shot sometime today (wish me luck as computers aren't my forte...in fact I have no clue what a listening port is or what a static IP address is...pretty sad huh?)! But I tend to be good at following instructions, so fingers crossed! :)

I'm sorry about the duplicate post but I honestly thought it wasn't successfully posted when I clicked on the post option the first time!

Thanks again, I truly appreciate your taking the time to help.

Please don't make duplicate posts, it just makes more work for our staff to delete them.

I suggest you try a known good torrent, to determine if the problem is in fact no seeds (dead torrent) or a problem with your connection.

Also, you mentioned a wireless router, did you forward your listening port?

If not, then go to portforward.com, they have guides for most routers.

I would also setup a static IP address in windows.

They have a guide for that as well.

Suspect

ps. if you want a good torrent to test your client, here is one for a dvd I made for star trek new voyages...

http://newvoyages.mine.nu:1701/torrent.htm...1860b038cc045b5

It is seeded by high speed servers, so should run pretty fast.