To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Another IP quickie

RedEx

Hey.. when I run CMD and /ipconfig /all ...I realized my computer was running IPv2... also, its listing 3 addresses as my IP... One is a plane jane old IP addrss, and the other two it lists are IPv2 (i think) .. "fe80::f3 ..yadda yadda... "

I am connecting to the internet on my laptop (through wireless router . .which is plugged into my desktop.)

My question is concerning setting up a static IP address in my TCP IP settings...

HOW?! haha.. sorry..

IP address = ...should I use the regular IP address my computer is spitting out? ..or is there a way to convert the IPv2 addresses its spitting out?... or do I use the address my router is sending out to the world?

Subnet - obvious

Default Gateway - obvious.. i think.

DNS server - giving me the same as my default, and three IPv2 addresses.

Any help or insight at what i've got in front of me would be a big help... I can't correctly trigger the listening port until I have this information.. and thus im stuck to downloading at less than 20kbs.. feel my pain and help me out pleaseeeee

Hope this all makes sense to someone

Your internal IP address is what you have to setup in windows. This way your router knows which computer your listening port is on. I suggest you do this on all your computers, just to be sure none of them grab your ip address while your bit comet computer isn't booted up.

Portforward.com has a guide with pictures for doing this, so you can't go wrong.

Suspect