To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

*BUGFIX REQUEST* 0.68 Computer reset crash

I'm using version 0.68 on winxp.

Sometimes when a torrent task is either added or removed, it will sometimes make the computer restart. First everything crashes then a blue screen with white text appears for 1-2 seconds then computer restarts.

I hope you can fix this problem.

Though, its not surprising because our latest BitComet release has alot of errors...conflicting, etc.

However, with the restart of your PC, that's abit unexpected, though I think it has been mentioned in BitComet Client support.

Though, its not surprising because our latest BitComet release has alot of errors...conflicting, etc.

However, with the restart of your PC, that's abit unexpected, though I think it has been mentioned in BitComet Client support.

I have encountered this problem with BC too. I have my blue screen set to appear continuously so I can copy down the error message and it talks about an IRQ conflict which figures if as you say BC has conflicting bugs.

The blue screen appears for me randomly but several hours after initating BC. Usually I load BC in the moring and in the evening when I sleep I leave if going. Next morning often I find it has blue screened. This started happening to me immediatly after I installed BC and has never occured when BC wasn't running. It doesn't seem to be triggered by any user input as like I said I am usually asleep.

Any ideas on possible solutions are welcome since this is definatly not healthy.

If your getting BSODs then here is something you can try to further diagnose what exactly is causing the problem.

First if you havent done so already you need to make it so the computer doesnt restart after a BSOD.

Here are the steps to do this:

-Rightclick on My Computer and goto properties

-then goto the Advanced tab and hit Settings under Startup and Recovery

-now uncheck the box to Automatically restart

-Hit OK to make sure this change gets saved

This will keep your PC from rebooting so you can fully read the BSOD.

Now you should enable the Verifier so that the BSODs show more detail as to the cause.

Here are the steps to do this:

-Open up the command prompt; Start -> Run -> type cmd and hit enter

-Now type this exactly to enabe it:

Verifier /flags 9 /all

-now you should restart your computer, you may notice it will take a little longer and things might run a little slower while this is enabled.

-Go ahead and fire up Bitcomet.

-This time when you get a BSOD it should give you more information as to what the cause is.

-After you read it you will need to hold the power button down to turn off the computer.

-Turn your PC on again and uninstall whatever is causing the problem or look for software updates for whatever is causing the problem.

After you fix whats really causing the problem you will want to disable the Verifier to speed things up again.

Go into the command prompt again and type this exactly to disable it:

Verifier /reset

If you are able to figure out what was causing the problem please post here exactly what .dll or whatever else was causing the problem since this could be helpful to the developer.

Thanks for the info on using the verifier. I've enabled it and I'll post the print out when the next crash occurs.

Meanwhile this is my latest BSOD without enabling the new verifier settings:

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

0x00000001 (0x86C00000, 0x0000000L, 0x00000000, 0xF5E16988)

w22n51.sys - Address F5E16988 bass at F5DA2000, Datestamp 404c5c4c

Anyone make any sence of that? I am guessing this information is system specific but the last line looks interesting. I ran a search for files named "w22n51" and it returned the drivers for my wireless network card. Disabling the wireless card to solve the problem is obviously not an option since it is providing my internet access.

I seem to remember that it is possible to manually reset IRQ values to avoid conflicts? But why is BC causing my wireless card to conflict with something ... presumably some other hardware? Or am I totally wrong on that?

You need to update the drivers for that wireless card.

Intel recently released a new driver v9.0.4.13 for that wireless card.

If you go through the intel site they make you download the whole 80MB PROSet package.

I tried to find a download for the drivers by themselves but couldnt.

What you could do is go through your laptop manufacturers support website, there you will be able to find just the wireless driver.

• 1 month later...