To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Windows Media Player and Codecs

EEE Veteran

People usually run into trouble with this when they start doing things they do not understand.

Uninstall KLite. It will merely run you into worse trouble, and should not be used without knowing what you're doing.

Unless you just love Windows Media Player (why?), then start with the free VLC player from videolan.org, which does not use system filters or codecs, so you don't need to bother with it.

Meantime, and if you don't care for VLC or want to learn more while you use it, try the Community Common Codec Pack, which avoids the "let's cram in everything we can find, any conflicts are the user's problem!" approach KLite took. It's also got a couple of good players.

Community Common Codec Pack

:woot: You made an error! You are human with flaws like the rest of us! :blink: Ok all joking aside the Combined Community Codec Pack is your best bet outside of VLC Player and it will work with WMP.

You can click on the images in my sig for CCCP's website. If you use CCCP I would suggest trying Media Player Classic that comes in the pack.

I wish MS would get a move on with WMP 11 since it fixes some of their long running bugs since WMP will play HD video while MPC doesn't.

Continue discussions here: http://forums.bitcomet.com/index.php?showtopic=3316