To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

ERROR DOWNLOADING CODEC

EEE Veteran

Thanks, I didn't see your first reply until after I posted this forum.

just wondering i have wmp 11 also i have the k lite codec pack every thing worked normally untill just recently i tried to play a movie and wmp is telling me there is a problem with my sound device there might not be a sound device installed on your compute. i recently installed a new sound card i know it works because i can play the same movies on power dvd. is klite not good to use, and if not wich should i use?

When it comes to video Winamp sucks.

just wondering i have wmp 11 also i have the k lite codec pack every thing worked normally untill just recently i tried to play a movie and wmp is telling me there is a problem with my sound device there might not be a sound device installed on your computer. i recently installed a new sound card i know it works because i can play the same movies on power dvd. is klite not good to use, and if not wich should i use?

I'm not a fan of codec packs in general due to all the problems they've caused me over the years. Because a lot of them tend to stuff everything they can in. The exception to the rule is CCCP. It installs a small set of decoders (not the same as codecs) that will play back almost any video & audio.

I use this pack with either Windows Media Player (fully updated) or Media Player Classic (a great lightweight player that comes in CCCP). You could also use VLC player which uses only internal codecs. VLC can plays most things pretty well. You can try either and make your decesion. But you'll probably want to uninstall K-Lite first to avoid any conflicts with CCCP.