To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

High upload, Low Download

Speed

39450154.png

Those are my upload/download rates.

Ok, i have read almost every guide there is to speeding up my torrents. I usually get around 60kB/s Up and around 20kB/s down. i have set my upload to just 45kB/s (80%) and left my donwload to No Limit. but nothing changed! i did everything in the settings guide, but it didn't help! I have set my ports and have no firewall. why can't it go any higher?

when I convert you speed test results kb/s to bit torrents units kB/s, this is your proper speed results

Download 151kB/s

Upload 57kB/s

by todays standards, this is rather slow, but I expect some torrents may reach 100kB/s or higher from time to time, but over all, your downloads will reflect your upload limits.

I suggest you confirm your ports are seen as "open" here...

http://www.canyouseeme.org/

and if so, then you might have to cut back your upload a bit more, perhaps 40kB/s, but do this only when downloading, not when seeding.

Also, don't expect to see results within seconds of making a change, always allow 10-30 minutes foryour upload rates to register in tracker and swarm before you can see higher downloads. Also make small changes, and observe.

Here is a good torrent to test your client with...

http://distribution.openoffice.org/p2p/index.html

download this one and you should get an idea of what your system/connection is capable of.

Suspect

Also, don't expect to see results within seconds of making a change, always allow 10-30 minutes foryour upload rates to register in tracker and swarm before you can see higher downloads. Also make small changes, and observe.

Suspect

my download has been up for like ~25 hours...and for some reason it says it can't see any of my ports, even the ones i know that are working.

just because it says it can't see the ports, doesn't mean they don't work, it just means your router, or firewall is basically hiding them.

I still don't know if you have a router, but if you do, then you won't get optimal performance until you forward your port properly.

Suspect

portforward.com has guides for most routers to setup you listening port.

you should also set a static IP address in windows for all your computers using the router, or you may need to change your router settings when you reboot your computer.

They have a guide for this as well, and their guides have pictures.

Suspect