To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Cant view certain movies

bigman711

Hiya Ya'll!

So I am totally new to this torrent thing, as I have always used Napster-Kazaa-Kazaa Lite-and the Limewire. So now I have a problem that I just dont get. As the topic description states, when I try to view a some movies (and one in particular Torrents\Accepted.2006.XviD.CAM-LiBRiUM.torrent), the above message pops up. Unlike some of the other movies I have downloaded using BotComet, this one has like 15 file extensions , from which you can only select one at a time. Never-the-less, it doesnt matter which one you select, the same message pops up. I thought maybe that it was my Codecs, but just yesterday I installed a new Klite codec pack which some one on one of these forus said was amazing...so I guess it shouldnt be a matter of that.

Anyway, Im hoping that someones expertise here can help me out, cause its frustrating spending time downloading, and then not being able to watch it!

I look forward to your thoughful responses.

Bigman

I use k lite codec pack, and as long as you don't select codecs randomly to install, it should be fine (default settings will not conflict)

We also recommend CCCP codecs, which are designed more for playback only, and less chance of causing conflicts.

DO NOT install both.

Now, regarding your files, you mentioned there are many different extensions, but you didn't mention what the extensions are???

I have an idea, but I don't like to post guesses or assumptions in the forum, so please list the files, and if I don't reply within 24hours, feel free to send me a PM.

Suspect

I use k lite codec pack, and as long as you don't select codecs randomly to install, it should be fine (default settings will not conflict)

We also recommend CCCP codecs, which are designed more for playback only, and less chance of causing conflicts.

DO NOT install both.

Now, regarding your files, you mentioned there are many different extensions, but you didn't mention what the extensions are???

I have an idea, but I don't like to post guesses or assumptions in the forum, so please list the files, and if I don't reply within 24hours, feel free to send me a PM.

Suspect

Hi and thanks for the quick response.

Well, the files in question are rar so I would have thought that they could be played normally in the windows media player.

So what do you think?

Biggy

.rar are not video files, they are a compressed archive.

Download WinRar, you can get a trial version direct from RarLabs (google can find it for you)

Once installed, you can simply "right click" on the first file, then select "extract here" from the menu.

It will then extract the entire archive (often many parts).

In some rare cases there may be more then one archive, so for example, if you extract a video that is 350mb, but the torrent was 700mb, then you will know there is a second archive.

Suspect

ps. I was pretty sure this was the case, but its not good to make assumptions when offering advice.

.rar are not video files, they are a compressed archive.

Download WinRar, you can get a trial version direct from RarLabs (google can find it for you)

Once installed, you can simply "right click" on the first file, then select "extract here" from the menu.

It will then extract the entire archive (often many parts).

In some rare cases there may be more then one archive, so for example, if you extract a video that is 350mb, but the torrent was 700mb, then you will know there is a second archive.

Suspect

ps. I was pretty sure this was the case, but its not good to make assumptions when offering advice.

Excellent!

Thank you thank you thank you! That makes alot of sense...Ill download Winrar now! Thanks for your help!

Also, one last question since you know alot about this, what, in your opinion, is the best site to get torrents from?

Thanks again!

Excellent!

Thank you thank you thank you! That makes alot of sense...Ill download Winrar now! Thanks for your help!

Also, one last question since you know alot about this, what, in your opinion, is the best site to get torrents from?

Thanks again!

Ok, so I have downloaded Winrar, and have naigated throh to the file I want to open, but then I dont see anything matching the words you used "extract here" when I right click. So I tryed both the other two things listed that mentioned extracting, and both times this poped up:

"The archive is either an unknown archive, or danaged"

Whats happening?

the "right click" "extract here" is a simplified step you can use without the need to start winrar.

Just go to the folder where files are, and right click on the file.

Also, your winrar will continue to work after trial is up, but you will get a "nag screen" asking you to buy it. If you use the right click menu, it avoids this.

If the archive is indeed damaged, then try doing a manual rehash of the torrent, this will start download of any parts that are damaged.

As for torrents, you can be sure to get good torrents from demoniod, and torrent matrix, both track ratios, and will delete members that don't seed properly.

If you want to download kvcd movies, then tus kvcd group is the best (although I am admittedly biased) hehe

If you want a good site with no registering, mininova is good.

last two links are in my siggy