To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Mising All Download After Reboot PC

b7tch

Heya ..... my bitcomet was running as always. restart my computer and all the download files were missing. i check the locationits the same ... went thru forum found some help tried that on same topic nothing helps. using version 7.0. the downloads.xml file is empty when i open with notepad. i had alot of downloads .... all half ways done and almost finish .... how can i resume back guide me pls thx . :blink:

Im gonna assume you're using Windows XP/2000

First make sure none of the .xml files in the Bitcomet folder are in read-only mode by rightclicking on them and going to Properties

Have you made sure that the actual files are still there?

Look in C:\Program Files\BitComet\Downloads

if they are, then look in C:\Program Files\BitComet\Torrents

Are the .torrent files still there?

-if they are then just double click on them and add them again to Bitcomet

(Bitcomet will now make a second .torrent file in the Torrents folder with the same name except for a (1) at the end of the filename)

-if they're not then you need to go back to the torrent site and redownload the same torrents

then you need to select Resume instead of Start Now when starting the tasks again.

It will Hash check the actual files you have and then begin them were they left off.

Reply back if you have trouble or other questions.

Im gonna assume you're using Windows XP/2000

First make sure none of the .xml files in the Bitcomet folder are in read-only mode by rightclicking on them and going to Properties

Have you made sure that the actual files are still there?

Look in C:\Program Files\BitComet\Downloads

if they are, then look in C:\Program Files\BitComet\Torrents

Are the .torrent files still there?

-if they are then just double click on them and add them again to Bitcomet

(Bitcomet will now make a second .torrent file in the Torrents folder with the same name except for a (1) at the end of the filename)

-if they're not then you need to go back to the torrent site and redownload the same torrents

then you need to select Resume instead of Start Now when starting the tasks again.

It will Hash check the actual files you have and then begin them were they left off.

Reply back if you have trouble or other questions.

As u said we have to select Resume instead of Start, where can i find the resume icon as i cant find it in bitcomet v0.74. pls advise

As u said we have to select Resume instead of Start, where can i find the resume icon as i cant find it in bitcomet v0.74. pls advise

This section is only for supporting current "Stable" versions. (upto version .70).

If you wish to use your version, then you may make comments/requests/suggestions in the pinned topic regarding these versions.

Suspect