To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Port Problem!!!!

yinyang

This does sound like you have been blocked by your network admin, unless you have changed something on your pc.

If you cannot get an open port, then your only options are using nat transversal, or disabling listening port (will make downloads slow).

Suspect

This does sound like you have been blocked by your network admin, unless you have changed something on your pc.

If you cannot get an open port, then your only options are using nat transversal, or disabling listening port (will make downloads slow).

Suspect

AH, I used Kaspersky to scan for viruses and ad, spy. Then it del the file "newdotnet.dll" then every time I start the laptop, there is a message: ".....\newdot~2.dll not found."

Is the problem come from that? How can I fix the prob?

And one more thing, I'm Vietnamese? :D

You installed something on your system that used this "dll" file (dynamic link liberary).

your spyware scan has correctly detected and removed the .dll, but it seems the application that is using it is still trying to startup.

I suggest you run spybot search and destroy to completely remove this application, or if you can determine what application it is, perhaps you can manually uninstall it.

Here is a topic regarding that dll from spybot

http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=7985

Suspect

I have used Spybot and The Newdotnet was uninstalled totally but Bitcomet still can't connect. What can I do now? I intend to format my computer and then reinstall Bitcomet but some project has been running. I will lose all things that I am downloading. :(

You probably need to run LSPFix to clean up the mess that new.net leaves behind

Get it Here

What version of Kaspersky do you have?

-it may be blocking Bitcomet

Do you have any other software firewall?

-is the Windows Firewall active?

--if so then make sure Bitcomet is in the Exceptions list

You probably need to run LSPFix to clean up the mess that new.net leaves behind

Get it Here

What version of Kaspersky do you have?

-it may be blocking Bitcomet

Do you have any other software firewall?

-is the Windows Firewall active?

--if so then make sure Bitcomet is in the Exceptions list

I used LSPFix but I couldn't find any problem with the newdotnet.

I have uninstalled Kaspersky.

The Windows firewall is inactive from the beginning (Remember that I have used Bitcomet for a long time)

To answer your previous question. Any partially downloaded files can be continued in a new installation of bit comet. Simply copy the file/s to the default location your new bit comet is using and run the file.torrent.

It will then scan your partial files and continue. If it does not, you can do a manual hash check with the "right click" menu on your mouse. As long as the files are in the correct location, it will then continue.

As for the reason you can't download, there must be something blocking your connection, or a vital file missing. this could be the result of an overly agressive spyware/virus cleaner, but I can't be sure.

Suspect