To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

HOW TO WRITE TO DVD

HEY THERE, CAN ANYONE HELP.

I HAVE DOWNLOADED A VIDEO AND WANT TO PUT IT ONTO DVD FOR EASY WATCHING. UNFORTUNATLY I DONT KNOW HOW TO DO IT.

IVE LOOKED ON SOME OF THE FORUMS AND EVERYTHING SEEMS TO RELATE TO STUFF I DONT WANT TO KNOW ABOUT. WHEN I SAVED MY FILES THEY ARE ORANGE BALLS WITH BIT COMET BENEATH.

NOTHING ON THE FORUMS SEEMS TO SAY ANYTHING ABOUT THIS. CAN ANYONE HELP.

PROBABLY A SIMPLE TASK BUT IM BLONDE!

Hi,

1st rule of internet posting, it is considered rude to type in all CAPITOLs. This is reserved for when shouting is necessary (which means NOT in this forum).

As for your video/s, we have no idea what video format you downloaded, as there are dozens of different types. If you want to download movies ready to burn and watch on your dvd player, then I suggest you get Kvcd movies. There are also some full dvd movies, but they often download slowly since they arn't very popular, and could take days (or longer), if they even complete at all.

If you have a specific question about something you downloaded, then include full name of torrent (not name of movie) and full list of files (with extensions), and a link (web address "url") to the page where you downloaded torrent.

.avi files are a container containing video usually encoded in .divx/.Xvid, which will NOT play on most dvd players.

There are some that will play these highly compressed video formats. I personally use a Philips dvp 642, which will play nearly anything you can burn to a disc.

You can convert your .avi files to dvd format, but keep in mind that it may take for 1-10 hours to convert one movie (depending on the video, and speed of your computer). Also know that an .avi file of 700mb will need nearly all of a DVDr disc 4.38gb when converting. You can decrease quality by lowering bit rate to fit more video on the disc.

I posted a guide with step by step instructions in the forum using Nerovision.

If you want to do this, I suggest you get the latest version of Nero Ultra/Premium (currently version 7.5.1.1.

Suspect

EDIT:

If you want to watch these videos on your computer, you will need the proper codecs, here are some links. Since you are new to this, I strongly suggest you select the CCCP pack, DO NOT install both.

CCCP (best for playing of files)

http://cccp-project.net/

k lite codecs (best for playing, editing and encoding)

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/K_Lite_Codec_Pack.htm

if you select the k lite pack, don't just install all the options, or you will surely have problems (default settings work fine for nearly every user)

Hi again...

As it seems you are in deed new to this, I will not assume anything and start at the beginning.

Bit comet is a program that can download files using bit torrent* protocall

Bit torrent <--click to read about bit torrent protocall

There is no limit to what you can download with bit comet, and you need to select the type of files that you want to get. I suggest you read this...

New to bit torrent <--- click

Now, if you want to download movies that are ready to burn and watch, the best option is Kvcd

NOTE: Kvcd burns to a CDr disc, NOT a dvdr disc, but will play in most dvd players

Why kvcd???

A commercial dvd is approx 8,000mb in size (far to big to download quickly), and needs to be "shrunk down" to fit a dvdr disc (4.38gb) Still to big to download quickly.

KVCD is encoded to be burnt onto a standard cdr disc, and when played on a dvd player provides almost as good video quality as the orignal dvd, and with an approx size of 800mb.

You might wonder how kvcd can encode a movie at 1/10 the size of a dvd and still look good.

The answer is complex, but suffice it to say that kvcd is set to display direct to your tv screen so no resolution is lost in providing pixals that cannot be displayed. It also uses complex software to create a varible bit rate, this way it improves quality of video for parts of the film that require it, and lowers bit rate for parts that don't.

Creating kvcd is an art, and not all kvcd downloads are equal.

Tus kvcds have become known as the best world wide, and we have a strong following, and all our torrents are well seeded.

Now, if you have indeed run the file.torrent and downloaded the videos you mentioned, they by default they will be in the folder dave specified.

you can then add the file/s.avi in nero to convert to dvd format.

Suspect