To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

"No error occurred"

Hi,

I'm sorry if this has been posted before; I tried searching for this error here on the forums, but I kept coming up with nothing. It kept saying that my search was less than four characters or I was using words that are not allowed. A google search had very few results as well. Anyway, I'm trying to download this torrent (http://www.mininova.org/tor/293287), but when I try to start the download, it says "No error occurred" followed by the location I tried to download it to and the name of the first file of the torrent. After I hit OK, another error dialog pops up, but it's blank. The download does not begin. I know the torrent is active; there are 50-60 seeds.

Edit: I'm not sure what kind of information is needed to assess this situation, but I'm using BC version .70 (I just upgraded. I'm getting the same error, but in the second error box, it now says "Can't access folder".)

Does anyone know what's wrong and/or how I could fix this? Thanks.

Here's a screenshot of the error:

w57749164.jpg

Hi,

What windows version are you using? and are you logged on as administrator? or possibly a user with limited permissions as to accessing or modifying files?

Although I don't normally do this for members, but since I'm not aware of this error, I downloaded and started this torrent, and the torrent is valid, and currently very well seeded. I had no problem running it.

Suspect

Thanks for replying so quickly. :D

I'm running WinXP SP1. I'm logged on as an administrator. I'm unsure as to why I'm having this problem. I looked at the details on the site and no one's made any comments about any errors (except myself) and, as you said, it's very well-seeded. :(

Also, I just realized that I made the mistake of not checking what could happen if I upgrade while files are partially downloaded. I know I could look for the torrent again and resume the download, but there were some files that my brother was downloading and I feel bad that they were removed (he's gonna bother me about this later); is there another way of resuming the download without looking for the torrent?

If you deleted the folder containing the partial downloads, then it will be more work then its worth to attempt to salvage them.

Otherwise, you can simply restart the torrent, using same location and it will rehash the partial files then continue the download.

If you installed "overtop" of an exsisting bit comet version, then your downloads should still be there, as a backup of the file.torrent.

as for your error, I suggest you make sure you have enough disc space, then reboot the computer and try running the torrent again.

If that doesn't work, then copy your download and torrent folders to a different location, then uninstall bit comet, then reinstall.

If this error persists, I will speak to the rest of our tech support staff, and if necessary our admins as well.

Suspect

I did the "overtop" install you mentioned; I was able to resume my downloads (which is why I was asking about doing it without looking for the torrent again -- my brother had some files being downloaded and I just wanted them to show up again in BT). I didn't get a chance to test out the suggestions you mentioned; this is a shared computer, so if I walk away, my brother will use it and he plays WoW for hours -- until he falls asleep really. Anyway, we have enough room on the hard drive for the file, and I think the computer was restarted, but I'm not sure -- sometimes my brother leaves it on overnight, every night, for a week or MORE. I just wanted to say that the file is working and I'm sorry I didn't get to experiment and report how we got it to work, in case someone else experiences this problem.

Thanks for the help anyway, Suspect. :D