To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

seeding after completed d/l

arcmk7

As a newbie, and having read the FAQ's, guides, and posts here, I am still not sure the answer to this one. When I have a download completed, and I want to keep the file there for subsequent seeding, in most cases it will just sit there with 0 upload speed, and the seed/ peer column does not increase the seeders by one once I become a seeder.

SO please can someone help me with my settings to help me with what is going wrong, as I really want to give back. Thanks in advance, and please be gentle on this newbie.....

The seeders/peers reported in your client are not counting yourself. It lists how many are detected in the swarm, and how many you are connected to.

If there are peers downloading the torrent, then you should begin uploading when you are seeding.

One mistake that more and more people seem to be making is they run multiple torrents, which is really bad thing to do, since most of us don't have enough upload speed to warrant more then one, or possibly two torrent at the same time.

I run one torrent at a time, and can easily download a few movies or a dozen or more albums a day, but if I ran them all at once, they would all slow down, and everyone I connect to would also suffer.

I would prob also have peers banning me for connecting and not providing upload.

Suspect

Thanks for this, and well understood. However, how come my upload rate drops from somethingn to 0 as soon as I finish my download, even with only one torrent working? I want to be able to automatically seed my new download in BitComet as soon as it completes the full download.

The only reason I can think of for your upload to be at 0kB/s is there are no peers sending requests for data.

If this happens with all your torrents, then there might be a problem. Perhaps you can post a screenshot of this, or tell us how many seeds/peers are present when this happens.

Suspect