To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

burning movies to VCD

blueblood_ed

Hello everyone,

I want to burn a movie for personal viewing using Nero but unfortunately, it tells me that my blank CD does not have enough disk space. Is there any program that allows me to maybe divide the file into 2 parts so that i can burn the movie into two disks? I'm on a tight budget lately and haven't got a DVD burner yet.

I kindly need someone's help here because I'm still a novice when it comes to these things.

Thank you.

There is no need to split this into multiple discs. I have never seen a vcd that will not fit on a standard CDr disc, you just need to have the correct settings for your Nero, or other burning software.

One standard 80min 700mb CDr disc, when fully formatted as a DATA disc, is limited to 700mb of data, however the disc itself can hold at least 795mb of data WITHOUT need for overburn.

When you enable overburn, you can often get another 5-10% on the disc.

Suspect

Kvcd is a highly compressed video format, attempting to change the encoding will end up with poor results.

Some dvd players can display the video "zoomed" in, if you want the full screen look, but do not attempt to reencode the video.

Suspect

ps. I forgot to mention that I posted a guide for burning kvcd. This should work for most vcd formats.