To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Download Problems

wahseh

Hi all

I have a problem I think. I am on 1500kbps plan with my ISP. I check the actual speed from SpeedTEsts, and i got 1300kbps down and 380kbps up. Which is fairly close to what I paid for.

Some torrents, I can download up to 200-210 kBps, which is decent. These torrents usually have a high seed:peer ratio, or more seeds. But on torrents which have more peers to seeds, my download will go around 20-50kBps, which is a far cry from my maximum. and my Uploads are usually higher like 40-60kBps, and it is consistant.

I get both Remote and Local. Its a manually configured router with a static IP. So can anyone help me in boosting my speeds in torrents with more peers.

your speeds are acually pretty good for your connection. Since bit torrent downloads reflect the speed you upload, its very normal to expirence the speeds you are getting.

In fact your speed of 210kB/s is equal to 1680kB/s, so you have gone above your isps advertised rate.

I suggest you go through our settings guides, and limit your upload speed to about 80% while downloading. This should help you speed when torrents have lots of peers.

Suspect

your speeds are actually pretty good for your connection. Since bit torrent downloads reflect the speed you upload, its very normal to expirence the speeds you are getting.

In fact your speed of 210kB/s is equal to 1680kB/s, so you have gone above your isps advertised rate.

I suggest you go through our settings guides, and limit your upload speed to about 80% while downloading. This should help you speed when torrents have lots of peers.

Suspect

But why the vast difference 30kB/s as compared to 200kB/s is alot you know. I also forget to tell that when i am getting this speeds, like 200kB/s, my upload usually very minimal, and my U/D ratio usually is like 0.2-0.5. But the torrents with more peers, I am always getting above 1.

This is easy to explain. When there is little demand for data, bit torrent will then give you much more download then your entitled to. This is common when there are more seeders then peers.

I recently had a torrent downloading at 875kB/s, which is close to my max speed for my 8mb/s connection.

As for your torrents when your upload is more then download, I already addressed this issue.

to explain further, if your upload speed is using your max bandwidth, then your client is sluggish to respond to other peers, so you get bypassed. If a peer offers you data, and your too busy to answer, you won't get it...

I hope I made that easy enough to understand with that anology

Suspect