To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

broadband cutting out while downloading

lee20uk

i used to have this trouble on other sites, im currently downloading and within a few seconds my broadband stops working (the status bar on my set top box stops.) and all internet use is stopped. i then have to unplug the box and allow a few seconds to pass before trying again, then the same problem. does anyone know how to stop this, its only recently started but is extremely annoying!! thanks

Are you referring to a router? or a modem? when you say "set top box"?

if it is your modem that is needing to be reset, you should contact your ISP and have them test your connection. If it is your router, you might want to consider upgrading your firmware.

Also, some routers will reset if your client makes too many connections, but this usally will not require unplugging to reset.

Suspect

Are you referring to a router? or a modem? when you say "set top box"?

if it is your modem that is needing to be reset, you should contact your ISP and have them test your connection. If it is your router, you might want to consider upgrading your firmware.

Also, some routers will reset if your client makes too many connections, but this usally will not require unplugging to reset.

Suspect

no my PC is connected direct to the modem supplied by my ISP. thing is the connection is fine, but as soon as i load bitcomet and try downloading itll just die. so the ISp would tell me the connection is fine.

i have been treying to get family guy season five for weeks, its on 87% but will not budge because after a few minutes it stops. and thats the only thing running on download.

could it be mysettings?

cheers for the response

Lee

What you are describing sounds like an issue with your connection.

even though you are able to surf websites, doesn't mean all is well with your connection.

I advise you contact your isp, tell them that you lose your connection during downloads, and have to reboot (unplug) your modem to reset it.

They can test your connection, and if necessary will repair the lines.

I can't think of anything bit comet could be doing to cause this, except perhaps making your modem work alittle harder, which isn't the cause, but might make your exsisting problem noticable.

This is my opinion, but give our support team time to review your post, perhaps they have seen this issue before.

Suspect