To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

cannot copy files to dvd help- useless at this!

nail_arT_R_us

hi there, i have downloaded an avi file, from torrentspy. i have hit save file in bitcomet and saved the file. i now have a box with a browser window in it. as it hasnt got anything to play it on. how do i play the file?

i have loads of different applications such as nero, winamp, winwx etc...

next i would like to copy the film to dvd.. i have the dvds but how do i then go about copying it to dvd so i can watch it.

please help im useless at stuff like this. not blond but my mind is!

any help will be much appriciated

Hi,

First of all, .avi files will not play on most dvd players. You can convert them to dvd, but one 700mb .avi movie will use nearly a full dvd disc after converting. This process will also take from 1 to 10 hours, depending on the type of encoding, and the speed of your computer. Also, there are sometimes problems with converting (encoding) movies as you can end up having the audio out of snyc, which I hate. I can read lips (a little) and it bothers me when the sound doesn't match their mouths.

If you want to convert your .avi to dvd, I posted a guide for doing this with nerovision, look in the guides section.

Another alternative would be to buy a dvd player that plays .avi. Like I said, most do not, but some specially made ones will. I recently bought two philips dvp 642, which will play any kind of disc you put in it.

If you want to watch your movie on your computer, then download and install one of these codec packs. Since you are new to this, I recommend the CCCP pack...

CCCP (best for playing of files)

http://cccp-project.net/

k lite codecs (best for playing, editing and encoding)

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/K_Lite_Codec_Pack.htm

if you select the k lite pack, don't just install all the options, or you will surely have problems (default settings work fine for nearly every user)

When you install, select to install "media player classic" also. It will play most any video you can download, as long as you have the corect "codecs" (video decoding software).

If you want do download full dvd movies, there are some torrents here and there, but they are usually not popular, and very slow to download (if they finish at all).

If you want to download movies that are ready to burn to disc and play in your dvd player, then I recommend KVCD movies.

Here is some info...

Why kvcd???

A commercial dvd is approx 8,000mb in size (far to big to download quickly), and needs to be "shrunk down" to fit a dvdr disc (4.38gb) Still to big to download quickly.

KVCD is encoded to be burnt onto a standard cdr disc, and when played on a dvd player provides almost as good video quality as the orignal dvd, and with an approx size of 800mb.

You might wonder how kvcd can encode a movie at 1/10 the size of a dvd and still look good.

The answer is complex, but suffice it to say that kvcd is set to display direct to your tv screen so no resolution is lost in providing pixals that cannot be displayed. It also uses complex software to create a varible bit rate, this way it improves quality of video for parts of the film that require it, and lowers bit rate for parts that don't.

Creating kvcd is an art, and not all kvcd downloads are equal.

Tus kvcds have become known as the best world wide, and we have a strong following, and all our torrents are well seeded.

If you want to try some of our "tus" kvcd movies, I have a couple links in my siggy. I recommend you select the "dvdrip" versions for your first, as they have the best quality. Just remember two things, kvcd will only give you good quality when played on your dvd player. You can play them on your computer, but don't expect great quality this way. the other thing is that kvcd does NOT use dvd discs, they use a standard CDr disc. If dvd discs could record highly compressed video (like kvcd) we would use them, but they cannot.

Suspect