To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Bitcomet 0.70

This sounds like you might have a browser hijacker present (spyware/malware).

Some of these are quite hard to remove. Here are the programs I use (I use all of them, one at a time to clean an infected computer)

1st, run a good antivirus with latest updates. My favorites are Kaspersky and McAfee.

Then I run Spybot search and destroy, then Ad Aware (be careful for sound alikes). Both of these are free.

I have found that xoft anti spy is the best at removing hijacked browers. This one isn't free, but is availble on most major torrent sites.

HiJack this, is also a good one, but not for a novice.

Suspect

Thanks for your reply! I will try what you suggested.

By the way, why is i that this spyware/malware only affects my bitcomet but not internet explorer?

Does it specifically target only bittorrent programs?

This sounds like you might have a browser hijacker present (spyware/malware).

Some of these are quite hard to remove. Here are the programs I use (I use all of them, one at a time to clean an infected computer)

1st, run a good antivirus with latest updates. My favorites are Kaspersky and McAfee.

Then I run Spybot search and destroy, then Ad Aware (be careful for sound alikes). Both of these are free.

I have found that xoft anti spy is the best at removing hijacked browers. This one isn't free, but is availble on most major torrent sites.

HiJack this, is also a good one, but not for a novice.

Suspect