To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

every single download stopping at 99.7%

J2383

This is very strange problem I'm having. I've used BitComet for a year or so and have never had any trouble with it until now. But over the past 2-3 weeks I've had some strange download problems. These aren't nobody is seeding problems like you might be thinking; but rather people are seeding, BitComet connects to them, and even downloads from them. But for some reason BitComet doesn't want to add the new information to the files. Example; I recently started downloading the latest issue of Ultimate spiderman from Demonoid, and it the download comes to 99.6% and continues to download at 26KBs, but never advances past 99.6% Right now BitComet says I've download 100+MB of a 26 MB file. I thought maybe BitComet was confused, so I stopped it did a hash check, restarted my computer, and tried again...but alas the problem remains. Now this has started happening for some of my other downloads. Not all of them, but enough that it's really started to aggrivate me that I can't fix this.

Has anyone else had a problem like this? And if so, how did you or could you fix it?

I have been told that some files can be fakes, just set out there to screw with P2P'ers. They could even occasionally be "honey pots" set out to catch IP addresses. I cannot say yea or nay to the veracity of those statements.

On a few occasions I have had files do what you are describing. As of yet I have not had any trouble caused by them. Nor has my computer been adversly effected. But of these files I have not seen one complete yet. My patience wears thin. And also if there IS a problem with a file I DO NOT want to continue spreading it. If I am convinced the file is fake and there is a comment section where I found it, I report it in the hope that It will save others some grief.

Hi,

My guess is your using a router (I can only guess because you didn't provide this information)

If so, try disabling "gaming mode" (again I can only guess if your router has this option since I don't know what brand it might be)

http://www.azureuswiki.com/index.php/Torre...p_at_99_percent

Also, "bad" torrents usually stop about about 97%, not 99%

http://www.azureuswiki.com/index.php/Bad_torrents

Please, in the future provide as much info as possible. Providing too much is always better then too little.

Suspect

Hi,

My guess is your using a router (I can only guess because you didn't provide this information)

Please, in the future provide as much info as possible. Providing too much is always better then too little.

I do not use a router, hence I didn't mention my having one since it would be deceptive.

For some reason the problem corrected itself within hours of posting this question.

Thanks for the help