To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Vista+Bitcomet=?!?!

Sorry if this is a new topic.

I'm currently using VISTAshit RC1. I installed the Bitcomet program under the Progam Files and saved everything according what the computer told me. I already finished a download, and it is uploading, but when I go to the downloads folder in c/program files/bitcomet/downloads it still shows up as a .bc! file. The .bc file has the filesize of the actual file, but I just can't get it to the .avi

Somebody help meeee!!!!!!!

You can reply to me at (email address removed by staff)

Hi,

We don't offer email support, and posting your email address here is not a good idea (unless you like getting spam, phishing emails and such).

Regarding Vista, for some reasons that escape me, mircosoft feels users don't need to know what files are in your program files folder, so you cannot access them.

I strongly suggest you either install bit comet elsewhere on your computer, or set your default download folder to a different location. Your "My documents" is a good choice.

Now, you are lucky that the .bc! is still there, or you might not even be able to find the file/s.

I recommend you copy the file/s to your new download location, then do a manual hash check. When it completes, it should remove the .bc! from the end of the file.

If the file isn't complete, then it will finish download.

If it still doesn't remove it, you can simply remove it manually.

Suspect

Hi,

We don't offer email support, and posting your email address here is not a good idea (unless you like getting spam, phishing emails and such).

Regarding Vista, for some reasons that escape me, mircosoft feels users don't need to know what files are in your program files folder, so you cannot access them.

I strongly suggest you either install bit comet elsewhere on your computer, or set your default download folder to a different location. Your "My documents" is a good choice.

Now, you are lucky that the .bc! is still there, or you might not even be able to find the file/s.

I recommend you copy the file/s to your new download location, then do a manual hash check. When it completes, it should remove the .bc! from the end of the file.

If the file isn't complete, then it will finish download.

If it still doesn't remove it, you can simply remove it manually.

Suspect

I tried all of that, even the Manual Hash Check, but the .bc! extension still remained untouched. When I manually try to add the .avi extension to the end of the file, it still shows up as a .bc file. Can you tell me how to manually remove the .bc!?

You can either use the "rename" function, or...

Click on the file name, then click a second time (not to fast or it will be a "double click", you don't want that).

The file name will then be highlighted, and you can type in any you wish.

However, windows vista has some serious problems, and you might need to be logged in as administrator to do this (not sure)

Suspect