To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

unexplainable download speed??STILL!!!?

BIGpimpJJ

Hey everyone,

I tried to configure my bitcomet to the settings explained at http://forums.bitcomet.com/index.php?showtopic=533 but its still not working...I'm still only receiving 2KB/s I know i can download it faster but why isnt it working...by the way their is seeders on comet...5/30[12/420] <<<how can i also be attached to the other uploaders??? plz help me :unsure:

Sincerely,

Big Pimp B)

As for connecting to more seeders, you already have almost half of the seeders, which is more then your fair share.

Let the swarm decide who connects to whom.

I would think you are likely being throttled by yoru isp, if so, did protocall encryption help at all?

Also, what upload speed are you able to provide, and what did you set your limit to ?

As for connecting to more seeders, you already have almost half of the seeders, which is more then your fair share.

Let the swarm decide who connects to whom.

I would think you are likely being throttled by yoru isp, if so, did protocall encryption help at all?

Also, what upload speed are you able to provide, and what did you set your limit to ?

I ran a test from all of the sites that are listed in my area that are provided in this forum but have failed to produce an upload rate. Further more I have achieved a download rate of different variables but the highest was 4682.24 Kb/s how can i find the upload rate??? also protocall encryption whats that?? Considering that I dont know what my upload speed is I am using 65 as my rating...

post-15517-1163183195.gif

I don't know why your unable to test your upload speed. There is another method of determining, which I prefer to use, but takes alittle observation, while a very active torrent is running. Set your upload to 0 (unlimited), and let the torrent run, and you should see about what your capable to running under actual conditions. I perfer this to doing a test, which only gives a quick "snapshot" of what your connection can do.

Do not test a newly started torrent, as you won't have much data to upload, so select one that is about half finished, and has a large number of peers. Obeserve it for several minutes, to make sure the sample is accurate and stable.

Then set your max upload to 80% of observed max upload.

This should cause a increase of download speed, possibly a sharp increase.

Suspect

ps. When you PM me to review your post, Please include link so I don't have to search for it :)

I have found that their is no change in d/l speed i even tried changing upload speed to a few different numbers. I am using 28 as the set number now...plz help usual...I was thinkin would it d/l faster if it was focused on one file instead of all the files within the d/l...if i right click on torrent and unclicked all the other files so that it is focused on one file at a time will that speed things up rather than d/l random information :huh:

BIGpimp

(sorry nomore pics I have been advised not to use them)

I must thank you Unusual guidance form you helped. I am receiving info at 60Kb/s I must admit I expect better results but it could just be the specific file and seeders I will know more as time goes by...thank you. You were most helpful :lol:

Depending on your connection 60kb/s aint bad.Some torrents get up to the 200kb/s mark but in my experience not many.I think it depends on the upload rate of your peers as much as anything.