To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

The ULTIMATE Download Program....

Could we eventually add the feature of downloading HTTP files through BitComet as well? It would really help me manage all of my downloads off the web and possibly other peoples as well. I am just thinking this: BitComet - The Ultimate Download Manager :D Can we do that please!?!

Actually it wouldnt take much to script.. knowing what i know. First you need a shell script to windows so when you right click on a file, you could select something like "Download with BitComet". Also, the BitComet team could also have an option in bitcomet to make all HTTP downloads instant download through bitcomet. Now for simplicity, first one would just implement the HTTP download as if it only has one seeder - the address. If all goes well, later down one could look into how to pull off HTTP downloads as P2P. I have no clue on that one yet, but i might get a general idea someday ;)

• 1 month later...

This seems to be where things are headed. No more p2p programs AND download managers. It doesn't make sense. It's all about downloading. The download managers are now handling p2p...like GetRight supporting bittorrent.