To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Selecting files (let me explain)

I am downloading a season of Everybody Loves Raymond, I first selected the first episode then let that finish. I then selected the next 4 episodes to download, now here is my question. i want to Just choose one of those for now to download, on the task properties i can select what i download as you know. If i click off 3 of the episodes which are already partially downloaded, will they be deleted or just stay on the computer until i want to download more?

If you dont understand then please ask.

Help would be appreciated, thanks :)

Hi tempuser,

We wouldn't recommend you doing that. If you want a file within a specific torrent to download with a higher priority/finish first.

Open your BitComet, click on that torrent --> Files --> Right-click on the file you want to download first, then priority --> Highest.

If you unclick the file checkboxes within the download properties of the torrent, you may end up re-downloading those files, because users have reported this to happen.

If the other 3 that you don't want have already started downloading then it is not a good thing to stop them. I believe the newer BitComet versions can detect if the file is already there and just continue. The partial files should be in the same general area as the other ones, depending on how the torrent is configured to download. If you have the files sitting there then I would go delete them and just start over when you want to download the rest of them