To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

download speeds

Meverick

I agree.One thing I would like to see is a client that would prevent you from opening a torrent until its ratio got to 1.I cant stand people who hit and run.

What I'd like to know, Is there a seed/leech ratio you would prefer before downloading.

Also maybe a limit to simultaneous download tasks.

I've never seen a client that had a "forced" limit on sim. downloads, and if one was made, the leeches surely would aviod using it.

Some (very annoying) users don't take the time to correctly setup their client to get good speed, and make up for it by downloading dozens of torrents at the same time.

They are now satisfied with their download, since they have so many slow torrents, so their overall download is acceptable.

I wish there was a way to permnantly block such users, but there isn't.

The best I can do is to educate the ones that bother to read here.

Suspect

I'm going off the topic here a bit but,I'm trying to download 1 task and seed 1 task at the moment-both set at normal priority,my downloading task is using all my upload speed not allowing any on the seed task is there anything I can do to avoid this.I've tried task specific upload rates to no avail.

Your task specific max upload should let you specify how much of your upload is allowed to your downloading task, and/or your seeding task.

Keep in mind that finding the best settings for optimal download speed is complicated with one torrent, and when running two (or more) this gets infinately more complicated.

Suspect

I'm just going to split the upload between the 2,leave them both on normal priority and see what's happened in a few hours.

By the way I bought a divx dvd player and it works perfectly so far(touching wood) with the data discs I've burned. :D