To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

BitComet 0.70 knocking out my Internet!!!

tavit8

i have 2 huge torrents im downloading now (one 9 gigs..one 14...(grateful dead and frank zappa)) and it seems like everytime i resume them..obviously the internet slows down a lot..but somtimes it actually shuts down the internet..

i know that you can set a max limit to how much is being downloaded..is there any other way to fix this?

and if not...what would you guys recommend i set my max download rate to?

thanks...

david

there are 2 ways that you could set the max download rate individually per task by clicking task- ans -propierties -advanced or by ussin the prefereences button(meniu)... don't you know you re max. download speed? try writting :my interenet speed, in any web search browser...

You need to limit your global maximum upload speed. Consult our settings guide for instructions on how to do this correctly. Once you've done that, you should be able to use the internet for normal tasks while BitComet is running.

However, you will probably want to do those torrents one at a time, because they're probably interfering with each other and not giving you the best speed on either.