To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

BitComet crashes in the middle of my dl

About a quarter of the torrents I try to download will get to a certain point, and then they'll make BitComet crash. If I reopen it and try to download it again, it'll take a minute and crash again. It's pretty frustrating.

I tried removing all the ones that were doing it, and replaced them with other similar torrents, but the same thing happened.

Any ideas?

Members that don't provide even the most basic info about their system, and client version will only get a reply after all the proper questions are answered, and then the reply will only be to ask for details.

Suspect

Members that don't provide even the most basic info about their system, and client version will only get a reply after all the proper questions are answered, and then the reply will only be to ask for details.

Suspect

Sorry about that, I'm running Windows XP Media Center Edition on a Pentium 4, 2.8 ghz. I'm using BitComet .70 Stable Release for Windows 2000/XP. Is that enough?

We have very few reports of problems like this with version .70.

I would recommend removing and reinstalling bit comet. If the problem persists, then reply with what security programs you have installed, and if any other programs are running unstable.

Then give us a day or so for our support team to review this post.

Suspect

We have very few reports of problems like this with version .70.

I would recommend removing and reinstalling bit comet. If the problem persists, then reply with what security programs you have installed, and if any other programs are running unstable.

Then give us a day or so for our support team to review this post.

Suspect

I just removed and reinstalled, so keep your fingers crossed for me. I'll let you know if I continue having the problem.

I have McAfee Security Center with AntiVirus and Personal Firewall but I think I would've gotten a message from them if they were blocking anything, because that's the usual that happens. Also, like I said, most of the downloads have no problem whatsoever.

Thanks for your help.