To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

need helpdont understand whats going on

woody5044

new to this so here goes.

5 days ago i was downloading with no problems 100kbs at some points. went to work when came back only doing 2kps, disconnected from network re started and now i get nothing but it still registers peers and seeds.

i have tried several different file with lots of seeds but nothing. i then phoned talktalk int provider they told me that line is working ok??? does anyone have any ideas??.

using windows firewall and avast all working ok is there any settings in XP that i need to change.

PLEASE HELP

well, my ISP states that after 5GB downloads i'll be switched on 128kb speed!! maybe your ISP has this thing since your download rate dropped down to that limit.

hmm yeah but the thing is i have been with them just under 2 years and havent experienced any bittorrent/P2P traffic throttling. Considering im on a 512K connection and i have been getting 50-60 kbs on virtually all torrents and then suddenly it all stopped. all i get are seeds and peers but nothing is downloaded.

im just confused as to why it suddenly stopped. and to be extra careful ive got my own download monitor which tells me how much i upload\download and it has only been on average 5GB a month which is nowhere near the 40GB limit they have set. but it looks like ill move to another ISP but i need help in going to one that doesnt restrict bittorrent like Talktalk here does. so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

PS Woody what ISP you with?

peshman

now on tiscali spot on tt gave me 2.3 meg with thier software that changes to give you the fastest running speed your line will take. To my surprise when i changed over i got 4.3 meg yes it is costing more to use but not in the long run it is better