To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Transfer settings to new computer

Guest bugmenot

Guest bugmenot

How can I transfer everything in Bitcomet from old computer to that of new computer?

The things I need to transfer are:

- unfinished torrents and downloads

- preference settings

- tasklist (ie the one which list all the download/upload items)

- other settings

Thank you.

that' a hard one, well I sugest you try moving youre bittcomet folder(ussually in programm files) to the new computer... and try to move all downloaded and ancompleted files to the new computer in the same place youve put bittcomet(keep them in a folder), yep I tranfered tasks 2 from another computer to the next...

How can I transfer everything in Bitcomet from old computer to that of new computer?

The things I need to transfer are:

- unfinished torrents and downloads

Contained in your default torrents directory, and your default downloads directory. Copy the entire contents and remember where you put them. Set that for your defaults on the new machine, if different, later.

- preference settings

your bitcomet.xml file, contained in your BitComet program directory. Copy the file, then adjust for any differences (like pathnames) later.

- tasklist (ie the one which list all the download/upload items)

- other settings

your downloads.xml file, contained in your BitComet program directory. Copy the file, the adjust the torrents for any differences like pathnames. If you're using the Favorites tab, copy the favourites.xml file over as well.