To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Is there a way to find out how fast (KB/s) each file would download if I were to Start them?

andrewset

Hello,

Is there any way to find out which files in your Transfer window would download the fastest if you were to Start them?

What I mean is, I have about 40 files in my Transfer window, all Stopped. I'd like to Start whichever one would download at the highest speed (KB/s). But I don't know of any way to tell how fast a download will go unless I Start it and let it download for about 10 minutes, then check the speed. But even then, it may just be a temporary speed, instead of reflecting how fast it'll ever go, which calls for a faster way of checking how fast they would go if I Started them.

I like to download only one file at a time, until it's done, before starting another one, but I find it may be a waste of time to start with one that seems to stay below 5 KB/s when the file is a few GBs in size.

So is there a quicker way to find out how fast (KB/s) each file would download if I were to Start them? (so that I may download the quickest ones first, and so forth)

Thank you.

Sadly, there is no way to know for sure, as your speed depends on how much each peer is sending you.

If you get your torrents from a relyable source, this helps, but you will always come across slow ones.

You are doing the right thing by running one at a time, so thank you for that, it helps all you connect to.

Suspect